Skip to main content

Into the clutches of Cobra-La, Synopsis and sample


Synopsis
When Beach Head and a group of new recruits travel to the Himalayan Mountains for advanced training Lieutenant Falcon and the others make a shocking discovery. What they find changes their mission and their perceptions of reality drastically. They'll have to survive an ancient race of relentless insectoids, savage monsters and even the vicious Golobulus, Supreme Ruler of Cobra-La, if they want to make it onto the GI Joe team.

Even Beach Head doubts they'll all make it.



My first Kindle Worlds GI Joe book "Into the clutches of Cobra-La" is finished and available to purchase for only $1.99. Writing the book was a fun, eye-opening experience that I didn't know I'd enjoy, as much as I did and I hope you enjoy reading it just as much. A second book is already being written and others are rattling around in my head, anxious to get out. I hope you enjoy the fan-fiction and return to brainoutloud for updates on future tales from the thrilling world of GI Joe. I have included a small sample of Into the Clutches of Cobra-La after the jump.

Just as I started writing the book, I read about the process and how to be more productive. I read books on how to be a writer, watched YouTube videos and surfed websites on the subject. The most important piece of advice I took from the lessons was to write something every day. I tried to write something every day, but sometimes it was difficult. Not because of writer's block but because of my absurd sleep schedule. I have a full-time job that keeps me occupied from 5pm to 1am. Some days I would be furiously writing along, getting lots of work done but would have to drop everything to go to work. Even though the process took longer than I projected because of this, I was not deterred. Now that I recognize this I will schedule my time while home more effectively, and hopefully the following stories will flow more evenly onto the page...electronic as it were.


A small sample from Into the clutches of Cobra-La 
Falcon heard an unsettling, gargling, baritone growl. “What was that!” Falcon said nervously as he spun around to shine his flashlight behind him. The excited soldier bumped into Outback as he turned, they both dropped their flashlights. The lights go out as they hit the cavern's floor.
    “Good job, idiot.” Beach Head said, clearly annoyed. “I should make you find your own way off this mountain. Your not even a Joe anymore you –” The growl was heard again, this time by everyone. “Uhhh” Beach Head stammered for a second. “Let’s keep moving. Outback, watch our six.”

    They continued through the cave a bit faster than before. Puddles of water splashing beneath their feet. Quick, pounding thumps rapidly approach from behind. Before Outback can turn toward the noise his light is knocked from his hand and once again goes dark as it hit the ground. He is forcefully thrown back into Falcon, and the confused survivalist opens fire with his Heckler & Koch G3 automatic rifle. Falcon turned as soon as Outback had bumped into him, and pointed his flashlight toward the rear of the cave only to reveal Outback was unloading his weapon at nothing.
    “What happened! Outback report!” Beach Head shouted.
    Frightened and short-winded Outback answered, “I’m here. Something big hit me. A bear maybe.”
    “Bears don’t live in the Himalayan Mountains.” SFC Natale said frankly.
    Outback gets his flashlight operating again, “Maybe it was the bloomin’ Abominable Snowman.”
    “Enough with the jokes, Outback” Beach Head said. “Let’s keep moving.”
    The group is keenly suspicious they are not alone in the darkness. Tunnel Rat is leading the group through the cave much quicker now. The low throaty growl is heard again, louder and closer. “Let’s move it” he yelled.

    As the group essentially sprints through the cave, Falcon stumbles. He falls hard, his chest splashing in a puddle. Outback trips on Falcon’s feet and falls next to him. The two search for their flashlights. They direct the lights around and immediately shuffle away as the beams shine on several human skulls and various other bones. A large red and black centipede crawls out of the eye socket of one of the skulls and into it’s gaping jaw. As Falcon scrambles to get up, he realizes the puddle he landed in was not water as he assumed, it was thick syrupy blood. Falcon yells, “This is no cave. It’s a nest.”

Comments