Skip to main content

GI Joe: Sandcastle Detente is FREE!


My third GI Joe novel "Sandcastle Detente" is finished, edited, uploaded and available now. If you read my last post you may remember that Amazon's licensing program Kindle Worlds has been closed and no new submission will be accepted. Luckily I found another platform. Inkitt.com is similar to Kindle Worlds in that aspiring authors can publish stories, reach a large number of readers, and track data. However Inkitt does not have the licensing deals Amazon did, which means authors can not profit when using the copy-written material of someone else. Profiting was not my concern when I wrote my first two books "Into the Clutches of Cobra-La" and "Mindbender Theater." I want to improve as an author. When Amazon began the unprecedented program, it gave me the opportunity to write within a preexisting universe with well established characters. Most of the work had already been finished. I had simply never considered publishing a fan-fiction before, but when I saw the GI Joe logo on the Kindle Worlds website I began writing immediately.

Not to say that my first book is horrible, but I have noticed an improvement. In fact I'm rather proud of Into The Clutches of Cobra-La, it's not like it's the first story I've ever written. It was just the first one I shared online. Writing fan-fiction for Kindle Worlds has achieved that improvement and I believe I am ready to begin work on my original ideas. Among other stories about The Real American Hero I have a large, multi-part GI Joe v Cobra story itching to be told. So as I begin to build my universe I will also write more fan-fictions. The GI Joe adventures will be free-of-charge on Inkitt.com and will hopefully entice readers to my original content. Keep your eyes on brainoutloud for updates, and information.

CLICK HERE TO READ GI JOE: SANDCASTLE DETENTE FOR FREE!

Synopsis: Snake Eyes and Scarlett are enjoying a few days of rest and relaxation in beautiful Miami, Florida. But it's not the sweltering summer heat or the harmful UV Rays the Joes have to worry about. International drug-smuggling kingpin, The Headman just made his move to overthrow the established criminal element and has left a trail of bodies in his wake. Matters are complicated when the Joes bump into Zarana and Road Pig, who happened to be in the area recruiting new Dreadnoks. Fortunately, the Joe lovebirds and The Dreadnok duo come to an arrangement, but can the combustible quartet coexist long enough to take down The Headman and his army of Headhunters?



It was reported that Kindle Worlds will be completely shut down by mid July. The books already on the service will be removed by Amazon, and given back to the author to do as they see fit. I searched for a way to remove my books preemptively but could not. When Amazon removes my books they will be posted on Inkitt and will be available for FREE. So if you haven't already read "Into the Clutches of Cobra-La" and "Mindbender Theater." just wait. To those who have paid for the books I thank you for the support. I sincerely hope you don't feel cheated by Amazon's actions and continue to support my books by rating and reviewing them.




Comments