Skip to main content

I guess it's time for an update.


Happy Labor Day! I guess since I actually have a minute to take a breath I should let everyone know what's going on. In the few hours between work and sleep, I have been working on my original concept. Not to let the cat out of the bag, but the series will be a blend of science-fiction, and military action, with layers of mystery and conspiracy swirling around a powerful world-shaping secret society. It has been kicking around in my head for years and I'm excited to get it on paper/screen so you can read it. There is so much going on, with dozens of characters, multiple factions, alternate realities/history, interconnected plot lines, etc. I tend to jump the gun and write as I outline. I did things correctly and outlined my three GI Joe fan-fiction stories as step one. I'm assuming because the character development, relationships, and mythology had already been established over the past 30 plus years.


Speaking of my GI Joe fan-fiction books. As you may or may not know Amazon's Kindle Worlds is long gone. The aspiring author's playground was shut down mid-July and all of the wonderful fan-fictions available on the website were removed; presumably back to the author to do as they please. To be on the safe side I waited to see what, if anything, Amazon was going to do, plus I was still receiving royalty payments. It is now September and Amazon has not contacted me, and as far as I know, they have not contacted any of the other authors either, nor have they released a statement regarding any limitations to posting our fan-fiction elsewhere. The one rule I am sure of is that since I do not own the GI Joe property I can not profit off the stories I've written. This is why Sandcastle Detente was published on Inkitt.com, free of charge. I believe my royalties are all caught up now, meaning the relationship is officially over. It is now time to publish my other GI Joe fan-fiction stories and as of today "Into the Clutches of Cobra-La" will be available on Inkitt.com free of charge. I did consider rewriting the book but decided against it so my progress as an aspiring author can still be traced. However, I did catch and correct a few spelling errors as I uploaded the chapters. I also changed the images on the links to the right since I no longer have to limit myself to Amazon's strict guidelines on cover designs.

Please review and rate "Into the Clutches of Cobra-La" afterwards. It only takes a minute and the critique could be immensely helpful. GI Joe: Mindbender Theater will be uploaded and available for free on Inkitt.com soon!

Synopsis
When Beach Head and a group of new recruits travel to the Himalayan Mountains for advanced training Lieutenant Falcon and the others make a shocking discovery. What they find changes their mission and their perceptions of reality drastically. They'll have to survive an ancient race of relentless insectoids, savage monsters and even the vicious Golobulus, Supreme Ruler of Cobra-La, if they want to make it onto the GI Joe team.

Even Beach Head doubts they'll all make it.


Click here or on the link to the right to read "Into the Clutches of Cobra-La" FREE!


 A small sample from Into the clutches of Cobra-La 
Falcon heard an unsettling, gargling, baritone growl. “What was that!” Falcon said nervously as he spun around to shine his flashlight behind him. The excited soldier bumped into Outback as he turned, they both dropped their flashlights. The lights go out as they hit the cavern's floor.
    “Good job, idiot.” Beach Head said, clearly annoyed. “I should make you find your own way off this mountain. Your not even a Joe anymore you –” The growl was heard again, this time by everyone. “Uhhh” Beach Head stammered for a second. “Let’s keep moving. Outback, watch our six.”

    They continued through the cave a bit faster than before. Puddles of water splashing beneath their feet. Quick, pounding thumps rapidly approach from behind. Before Outback can turn toward the noise his light is knocked from his hand and once again goes dark as it hit the ground. He is forcefully thrown back into Falcon, and the confused survivalist opens fire with his Heckler & Koch G3 automatic rifle. Falcon turned as soon as Outback had bumped into him, and pointed his flashlight toward the rear of the cave only to reveal Outback was unloading his weapon at nothing.
    “What happened! Outback report!” Beach Head shouted.
    Frightened and short-winded Outback answered, “I’m here. Something big hit me. A bear maybe.”
    “Bears don’t live in the Himalayan Mountains.” SFC Natale said frankly.
    Outback gets his flashlight operating again, “Maybe it was the bloomin’ Abominable Snowman.”
    “Enough with the jokes, Outback” Beach Head said. “Let’s keep moving.”
    The group is keenly suspicious they are not alone in the darkness. Tunnel Rat is leading the group through the cave much quicker now. The low throaty growl is heard again, louder and closer. “Let’s move it” he yelled.

    As the group essentially sprints through the cave, Falcon stumbles. He falls hard, his chest splashing in a puddle. Outback trips on Falcon’s feet and falls next to him. The two search for their flashlights. They direct the lights around and immediately shuffle away as the beams shine on several human skulls and various other bones. A large red and black centipede crawls out of the eye socket of one of the skulls and into it’s gaping jaw. As Falcon scrambles to get up, he realizes the puddle he landed in was not water as he assumed, it was thick syrupy blood. Falcon yells, “This is no cave. It’s a nest.”


Comments